The New Brunswick RCMP says manslaughter charges have been laid after a 56-year-old Moncton man died from injuries he sustained at Casino New Brunswick.
Mounties responded on March 4 to a report of an assault at the establishment on Casino Drive in Moncton.
“A 56-year-old man was transported to hospital with what were believed to be serious injuries,” reads a news release from the New Brunswick RCMP.
“A 50-year-old man from Riverview was arrested at the scene, and was later released pending a future court appearance.”
The victim, who was identified as Rodney Frenette, died on March 28 in hospital as a result of his injuries. Frenette had been working as a casino manager at the time of the assault, which police have now ruled to be a homicide.
Michael Thomas Glaspy, 50, was arrested Thursday in connection with Frenette’s death and appeared via tele-remand before a provincial court judge on Friday.
Glaspy was charged with manslaughter.
“He was released on strict conditions and is scheduled to return to court on May 26,” police said.
The investigation is ongoing.