If you’re wondering what to do with your Christmas tree after presents and decorations are cleared away, the City of Saint John has you covered.
The city says it will once again off its annual Christmas tree drop-off program in the new year. Officials ask residents to remove all decorations from their trees before dropping them off.
The following sites will be open from Jan. 1 to Jan. 12:
- Charles Gorman Arena – 80 University Avenue
- Crescent Valley – Between 30 and 38 Taylor Avenue
- Peter Murray Arena – 711 Dever Road
- Forest Hills Ball Field – 651 Westmorland Road
- Old Sugar Refinery – 330 Charlotte Street (at the very end of Charlotte Street and Vulcan Street).
Officials say if you can’t drop off your tree at a designated site, you can trim and delimb it, cutting the trunk and branches into smaller pieces to be composted.
Removal would take place on regular garbage and compost collection days.