A 23-year-old Moncton man faces several firearms charges after an incident in Amherst, N.S.
Jack Mackenzie Coyle was arrested by the Amherst Police Department and Codiac RCMP in connection to an investigation into crimes between May 1 and May 7.
Coyle now faces 10 charges under the Criminal Code, including three counts of pointing a firearm.
His other charges include:
- Careless use of a firearm
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon
- Possession of a prohibited weapon
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition without a licence
- Discharging a firearm while being reckless.
Coyle remains in police custody and is expected to appear in court on May 10.
Meanwhile, a 22-year-old Moncton man from Moncton faces similar charges due to the investigation. He has been released on conditions and will answer to those charges before a judge on June 20.