New figures from the Province of New Brunswick show that 15 residents died from COVID-19 in the last week.
It’s the largest spike since the province moved to weekly updates at the end of March.
The number is also higher than last week’s report, which showed six New Brunswickers had died.
New Brunswick says 399 people have died of the virus since the pandemic began.
Meanwhile, current hospitalizations for the virus sit at 88, which is down by six from last week.
Ten patients are receiving intensive care, also down from last week by three.
The province says 1,392 New Brunswickers have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last week using a PCR test, and 1,142 tested positive using a rapid test.
On the vaccination front, 52 per cent of residents have their booster shots.
Almost 88 per cent got their second doses and about 93 per cent received their first jabs.
COVIDWATCH has been updated to reflect the data from Sunday, April 24 to Saturday, April 30.
— Government of NB (@Gov_NB) May 3, 2022